Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sage's Super Sensational Seventh Selebration

L-R invitation, the banner, Sage making a wish, the kids making their custom snack mixes, the view from above, Cherry 7 Up: age of the birthday girl, the inspiration for the color scheme, and choice of beverage
I survived Sage's party... I think.  The pom poms are still hanging from the ceiling and I'm finding goldfish cracker crumbs here and there, but it turned out great.  There were 18 kids so it was a little crazy and A LOT LOUD, but oh so fun!

We kicked it off with a snack mix table where the kids got to scoop their own custom snack mix into a ziploc bag.  There were things like chocolate animal crackers (my new favorite!), goldfish, peanuts, almonds, craisins, marshmallows, fruit snacks, pretzels, and honeycomb cereal to choose from.  Then we played a memory game where there were double pictures of Sage on the wall that were covered and they had to match the pictures.  We played boys against girls and I can't believe how hyped up they were the entire game!  They were so competitive and they loved seeing baby pictures of Sage.

After the memory game we put a balloon on everybody's ankle and they tried to pop each other's until we finally declared a 3-way tie between the last balloons standing.  Those last three kids would have been there for hours, Bailey being one of them.  The kids really had a blast with this one.  It was loud and crazy.  One mom came in the front door during this game and was very concerned at the noise :D Several kids asked if we could play it again.  So if you're looking for a fun party game and you can stand crazed children and the volume, this is a great one!

I made 7 Up cupcakes at the request of the 7 year old birthday girl for the guests; and made her a tiny layer cake using her easy bake pans so she could have something that would hold 7 candles.  After cake she opened her mountain of presents and we played a game of pictionary.  A lot of kids started getting picked up at this point.  We sent them all home with a thank you cookie and collapsed on the couch!

My goals for this party were:
  • that Sage have a fabulous birthday first and foremost:  check
  • not have a need for utensils:  check 
  • sew something:  check (remember I am not handy with a sewing machine)  I sewed the banner!
  • not buy invites, favors, or decorations:  check
Times are a bit tight and I really didn't want to go out and buy lots of stuff.  Most of the supplies I already had and just needed to buy the snacks and the drinks.  I did buy a new scalloped circle punch for the cupcake picks and some remnant fabric for the banner, but other than that, I really stuck to using things I had on hand.

I'd say the party was a success.  It was made all that more special that both her grandmas, grandpa, Uncle Jim, Aunt Kellie, and Aunt Cris could come too!

5 comments:

  1. what did you do for th cookies? I think that would be such a cute idea at my sister inlaws baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need a recipe or decorating details?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz so this is where you have been. I have missed you. I am subscribing to your blog.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin! My favorite Aussie! I've missed you too and am so glad you like the blog. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...